- A grab bar is a safety device that is installed in the bathroom. The purpose of a grab bar is to help maintain balance, ease fatigue while standing, support some weight while maneuvering, or to have something to grab onto in case of a slip or fall.
Why Should You Buy a Grab Bar?
- Grab bars can help to reduce the risk of falling in the tub or shower, help you to get into and out of the bathtub or shower and assist you in safely lowering and raising yourself from a seated position.
Who Needs a Grab Bar?
- Anyone who needs a little help in the bathroom. Grab bars are beneficial for all ages and abilities.
Why Should I Buy a Moen Grab Bar?
- Moen Grab Bars are manufactured to the highest standards of quality. Competitor’s products cost more but are much lower quality than Moen Grab Bars. Other products have a significantly lower weight-pull capacity and can be extremely difficult to install. Moen Grab Bars are rated to meet or exceed ADA standards and are easy to install into a wall stud or into a normal wall surface.
Where Should I Put a Grab Bar?
- Safety experts suggest outfitting your bathroom with grab bars in the tub, by the toilet and in transition. Install a grab bar along the back wall of the bathtub or shower. Install a second grab bar along the showerhead wall. Install a third grab bar near the toilet. This will triple your protection against slips and falls. It will also ensure easier maneuvering throughout the entire bathroom.
What are My Grab Bar Options?
- Our Moen Grab Bars come in a variety of lengths, finishes and styles to fit your bathroom. We offer designer finishes that will match your bathroom décor and provide the safety and security of a grab bar.
What are the Grab Bar Installation Position Options?
- Vertical. This will help with balance while standing.
- Horizontal. This position will help with sitting or rising. It is also good for grabbing onto in case of a slip or fall.
- Angled. This installation may be easier for people to use when pulling themselves out of a seated position. Care should be taken when installing a grab bar at an angle as this position is not ideal according toADAguidelines.
What are the ADA Guidelines for Grab Bars?
- The diameter of grab bars should be 1¼ to 1½ inch (30-40 mm) (or the shape shall provide an equivalent gripping surface)
- There must be a 1½ inch (40 mm) clearance from the wall.
- Grab bars should not rotate in their fittings.
- The required mounting height is universally 33 to 36 inches (840-910 mm) from the centerline of the grab bar to the finish floor.
- ADA-style grab bars and their mounting devices should withstand more than 250 pounds (1112 N) of force.
- In public toilet stalls, side grab bars must be a minimum of 42 inches long and mounted 12 inches from the rear wall, and rear grab bars must be a minimum of 36 inches long and mounted a maximum of 6 inches from the side wall.
Do I Need to Install my Grab Bar into a Wall Stud?
- No, not when using Moen Grab Bars. Moen Grab Bars are available with SecureMountTM anchors. Using SecureMountTM anchors allows you to install a Moen Grab Bar onto any wall regardless of the placement of the wall studs. This gives you the freedom to install a Grab Bar anywhere.
What Else Do I Need to Consider When Purchasing my Grab Bar?
- Grab Bar Length – Make sure to measure and determine the proper length for your bath, shower or toilet area. Our Grab Bars are available in lengths ranging from 9” to 60”.
- Grab Bar Finish – Our Grab Bars are available in designer finishes. Consider choosing a finish that will match the rest of your bathroom fixtures.
- Weight Capacity – Make sure to choose a Grab Bar that meets ADArequirements (250 lbs.). The SecureMountTM grab bars have a 500 lb. weight-pull capacity that far exceeds theADA requirements.
- Grip Surface – We offer grab bars with textured surfaces or grips that provide a more secure hold in a wet enviornment
What Other Bathroom Accessories Does (ADA Grab Bars) Offer?
- Suction Balance Assist Bars, Designer Hand Grips, Shower Chairs, Tub and Shower Seats, Handheld Shower Attachments, Shower Organizers, Transfer Benches, Toilet Safety Accessories, Tub and Shower Safety Accessories, Tub Grips, Tub Safety Bars, Shower Tread Strips and Bath Mats. All of these items are manufactured by Moen and achieve the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes! Please call for an international shipping quote.